Bidyut B Sarma graduated in organic chemistry in 2011 from India. Afterwards (August 2016) he completed his PhD degree at Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel with Prof. Ronny Neumann in the field of homogenously catalyzed electron transfer-oxygen transfer reactions. In October 2016, He moved to Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung, Germany, where he worked as Alexander von Humboldt fellow on Single Atom Catalysts as the primary research topic in the department of heterogeneous catalysis (director Prof. Ferdi Schüth). After spending 3 years and 2 months, he moved to Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in the group of Prof. Jan-Dierk Grunwaldt as an experienced researcher to expand his knowledge in the field of in-situ/operando X-Ray absorption spectroscopy. He has been working at the Institute of Catalysis Research and Technology and ANKA synchrotron facility since February 2020.
Education and Professional experience
- PhD, December 2011- August 2016, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
- Max-Planck Society Post-doctoral fellow, October 2016- September 2017, MPI Kohlenforschung, Germany
- Alexander von Humboldt fellow, October 2017- September 2019, MPI Kohlenforschung, Germany
- Alexander von Humboldt fellow, March 2019 - May 2019, ALBA synchrotron, Barcelona, Spain
- Post-doctoral fellow, since February 2020, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany