Abhijeet Gaur did his Bachelor of Science degree from Barkatullah University, Bhopal, M.P. (India). For his Masters in Physics he went to the School of Physics, Devi Ahilya University, Indore M.P. (India). He earned his PhD on Physics from School of Studied in Physics, Vikram University, Ujjain, India. During his Ph.D., he worked at the newly built synchrotron Indus-2 where he performed X-ray absorption studies on copper compounds and complexes of biological significance. He started his academic career at School of Engineering & Technology, Vikram University, Ujjain as Guest faculty where he taught Physics to the Engineering student. He started his career at KIT in June 2015 when he joined as Postdoc in the group of Prof. Grunwaldt at Institute of Chemical Technology and Polymer Chemistry (ITCP). After successfully completing his first Postdoc, he got his second position in KIT at the Institute of Catalysis Research and Technology (IKFT) in 2018 where he works as Senior Postdoc.
His scientific research includes, among others: study of electronic structure of catalysts in situ/operando by the technique of XAS using synchrotron radiation; Modulation excitation spectroscopy coupled XAS for detection of very tiny phase transitions; Application of XAS technique to different mono metallic or bimetallic catalytic systems; Theoretical XAS modeling for characterization of the complex systems.
- Teaching the basic theory, principles and data analysis procedure of X-ray absorption spectroscopy to Master/Ph.D students in the different courses organized.
- Taking Hands on courses on routine and advance data analysis for the technique of XAS by using specific examples from the field of catalysis.
- Mentoring Master/Ph.D students in management of beamtime from writing beamtime proposals to planning experiments at different synchrotron facilities.
- Hydrogen assisted catalytic pyrolysis for green fuels project
- Selective oxidation project